Alright y'all...so I went out and bought a crock pot. I was so excited. It was quite a battle though. I'm pretty sure Satan did not want me buying that thing...I know you might think that sounds crazy but I know it's true because we are doing this to save money and pay off debt. We are doing it to be healthier and intentional about what we eat and where our money is going. So let me tell you how Battle for the Crock Pot went down.
Last week I saw that this crock pot was on sale for a great price at Target. It was one of those digital ones that you can set to stay on for a certain number of hours. It was normally like $40 something but it was on sale for $29.99. Well, I waited till pay day and was close to the Target by the Grande movie theater so we stopped there. Apparently, everyone else wanted that crockpot too. It was gone.
Later that day I headed out to our Target to get said crock pot. I found it with several others right under 2 big SALE signs. Isabel and I hauled the thing up to the counter. It rang up as $47.99! I was like, "whoa there...that's on sale." So, the lady tried to get several people to help her check the price. No one would. Finally, she gets someone and they say, "well, it doesn't ring up as on sale...sorry." So, I said, "Alright, I'm taking it back over there and finding something else." Off we went back to the kitchen section. As I started looking more carefully past the giant sale sign I realized that all of the sale crock pots were actually sold out and people had placed other ones in the wrong section. Anyways, I picked out a perfectly good $24.99 non digital crock pot and headed back to the counter. At this point, Isabel was quickly losing interest so we paid and headed home.
Well, I was excited and had picked out a recipe to make that my friend Charity had sent me! I opened up the box which was a chore and pulled the thing out. I noticed that inside the pot there seemed to be burned spots. I thought, "well, maybe that's just what the metal looks like...it is $24.99." Then I pulled the lid and cardboard stuff off the actual pot. There was food y'all. Dried up food and/or rust on the side of the pot. It was disgusting. Orange crusty chili-esque food. So, I shoved that puppy back in the box and yep, headed back to Target the next day. Don't worry I didn't make Isabel go back the same day.
So, Target the next day all three of us headed to the exchange counter. The lady was like, "that's disgusting...go get yourself another pot." We went back to the Kitchen Aisle and found two more boxes like the one I had bought. One was almost completely crushed on one side. Decided against that one. The other one still had pieces of wrapping paper taped to the top. For real. I was like, "Brian I don't even care. I am getting a crock pot today!" So, we took it to the counter and they let us open it up and examine it. Perfectly clean. We brought it home.
Tomorrow I am making that dish in it. I'm hoping it doesn't explode in my kitchen. :)
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
"And I want to add to the beauty, To tell a better story, I want to shine with the light, That's burning up inside." - Sara Groves


0 comments:
Post a Comment