This is an excerpt from "The Grand Miracle" by C.S. Lewis.
The story of the Incarnation is the story of a descent and resurrection...one has the picture of a diver, stripping off garment after garment, making himself naked, then flashing for a moment in the air, and then down through the green, and warm, and sunlit water into the pitch black, cold, freezing water, down into the mud and slime, then up again, his lungs bursting, back again to the green and warm and sunlit water, and then at last out into the sunshine, holding in his hand the dripping thing he went down to get. This thing is human nature.
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -John 10:10
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
"And I want to add to the beauty, To tell a better story, I want to shine with the light, That's burning up inside." - Sara Groves


0 comments:
Post a Comment