Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer is full of His glory!

I can't believe that summer will be coming to an end soon. I go back to work in a week. Isabel will start school in just a couple. Fall will come. Fall is actually my favorite season but I received a devotion today from John Eldredge that made me think about how summer is actually full of so much beauty too. I love how the trees are so bright and green. It's super hot out but the sun just makes everything warm and when it hits the water at the pool, it glistens and makes you want to jump in. The flowers seem brighter and fuller. And at night, the sunsets are awesome. And who doesn't love lightning bugs?? I mean they are the only bug that I will voluntarily hold because they're so pretty. And of course, the beach! Just imagining that God's love for us is wider and deeper than the ocean is pretty amazing.


Isaiah 6:3 says
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!"
Here's the excerpt from my devotional from the book Captivating:

"Nature is not primarily functional. It is primarily beautiful. Stop for a minute and let that sink in. We're so used to evaluating everything (and everyone) by their usefulness, this thought will take a minute or two to dawn on us. Nature is not primarily functional. It is primarily beautiful. Which is to say, beauty is in and of itself a great and glorious good, something we need in large and daily doses (for our God has seen fit to arrange for this). Nature at the height of its glory shouts, Beauty is essential! revealing that Beauty is the essence of God. The whole world is full of his glory."
So take a minute to soak in the beauty that He has given us, the beauty that He is.






























































































1 comments:

The Smittys said...

see, i knew you loved nature... and everything that is outdoors! love you!